After completing the HIMAA Introductory ICD-10-AM, ACHI and ACS clinical coding course you should
- be familiar with the structure and organisation of the five volumes of ICD-10-AM, ACHI and ACS
- understand the conventions and instructions used in ICD-10-AM, ACHI and ACS
- be able to apply the Australian Coding Standards to clinical coding
- be able to select appropriate conditions and procedures for coding from medical records generated by an episode of care such as day surgery, planned surgery or simple medical problems
- be able to identify the principal diagnosis and principal procedure for an admission
- be able to assign complete and accurate codes from ICD-10-AM, ACHI and ACS for diseases, conditions, injuries and procedures.